21 June 2010
Galvan Research is the market leading CFD advisor in the UK. Galvan Research is one of Cornwall's success stories and after incredible growth found itself receiving in excess of 100 email enquiries a day. The company prides itself in building close relationships with its clients, so managing such a large number of enquiries had several challenges which SouthwestCRM were able to overcome:
- SugarCRM Community Edition
Enhanced the Community Edition version of SugarCRM by adding additional rules to eliminate duplicate records. In a B2C environment it is not enough to rely on first name and last name only. Build web forms which immediately populate the database and assign leads to the right sales person. Restrict certain fields from being edited. Implement a daily brochure request process using CRM2Word.
- Ensuring that all enquiries were followed up with a phone call within 24 hours and a sales brochure sent out the same day
- Ensuring that sales enquiries are evenly distributed amongst the team
- Checking the existing database to ensure that new enquiries from existing clients are routed to the correct 'account manager'
- Ensure each sales person was able to keep in touch with follow ups and manage their sale pipeline
- Meet regulatory requirements by ensuring that each customer is contacted at a set time following their first trade
- Reduce manual labour, cut down on paper and eliminate conflicts amongst the sales team. Over 100 email-based enquiries per day would be printed and distributed to the sales team. A more automated solution which eliminated the need to print enquiries was sought. Additionally if an enquirer was already known to Galvan their information would be routed to the correct salesperson automatically.
Galvan contacted their IT provider, Piran Technologies, who put them in touch with CRM specialist SouthwestCRM. After a review of Galvan's existing processes and systems, SouthwestCRM recommended a customised solution based on SugarCRM Community Edition. The solution would deliver the following functionality
- A database of Sales Leads
- Categorisation of each Lead to help identify where each Lead is in the sales cycle
- A de-duplication process which ensured that the new leads were checked against the existing list of over 70,000 contacts
- An automated brochure requesting process was implemented to reduce the burden on the sales team who had to merge and print letters each day freeing them up to make more sales calls
- Security was implemented so that only key personnel could update parts of the database and the database was only accessed from within the office
- Run the system for up to 35 staff from a dedicated web server hosted by SouthwestCRM and optimized for performance
- Connect the database to three different websites enabling new web-based enquiries to be automatically entered into the database and linked to the correct marketing campaign
- Implement workflows to help process sales leads through the pipeline and to keep in touch with clients at appropriate times
In the last 6 months Galvan has computerised its sales process and reduced the amount of paper used. Because new enquiries are routed correctly. the sales people have much closer relationships with their clients. The correct sales person keeps in contact and builds a loyal following. Conflicts between the sales team are eliminated. When a new client first starts trading through Galvan the trader is prompted to call the client automatically after set periods of time over the next few years.